So, what do you do?
- choose your difficulty level
- set the clock (10 minutes)
- complete the task
- record your time if you finish before the clock!
- repeat the same task 5 days in a row
What do you need to look out for?
- number formation - is each digit formed correctly AND the right way round - no points awarded if you're backwards!
- presentation - improving your time doesn't mean scruffy handwriting - you can't mark something you can't read
- the correct answer - of course these do matter :) After you have completed your BRAIN DRAIN! each day, take a look through your work. Take a couple of minutes to practise what went wrong. Remember, mistakes prove you are trying. Try, try, try again and the results really will improve.
Please note: if you do not have a printer, all is not lost! Your child is fine to answer this BRAIN DRAIN on paper as almost every question just requires a series of number sentences. The final question requires a written sentence or two but that does not have to be on the given paper either. So long as you are able to leave a device in front of them to read the questions from, they should hopefully be fine 🤞🏻.
We are working hard to design every lesson to be accessible in different ways as we have many families without printers.