Under the Equality Act 2010 we have a legal duty to publish information that shows compliance with the Public Sector Equality Duty, which are updated annually, and to publish our equality objectives.
The school sets equality objectives which are reviewed at least every 4 years, although may be reviewed earlier if they are deemed to be met.
Our current objectives are:
- To close the gap in progress between our children in receipt of Pupil Premium and all children nationally.
- To raise attainment in maths for more able children.
- To increase understanding of other world faiths and cultures.
- To increase understanding in the school community of the difficulties which can be experienced by pupils with SEND and so all are empowered to support them in achieving their potential.
Compliance with Public Sector Equality Duty
The school values the importance of equality for all members of the school community. We ensure that we comply with the standards for Public Sector Equality Duty:
- Policies - All policies are now part of a rolling program for Equality Impact Assessment using the good practice guidance using the pro forma below. Good practice guidance suggests policies should be reviewed on a three year rolling program. As all our school policies are reviewed within a three year window, we plan to assess each policy as it is written or reviewed, so that by Dec 2020, all policies will be impact assessed.
- Attainment and Progress - Data arising from the school's cycle and statutory assessments is considered for vulnerable groups including SEND, Pupil Premium, Gender, EAL, Ethnicity, Summer Born children and LAC.
- Accessibility - The school is in the process of setting up Disability Accessibility Committee; a group of stakeholders from different components of the school community; who meet to consider the accessibility of the school site for people with different disabilities. The committee will put forward proposed improvements which will then be included within the Disability Accessibility Action Plan. The committee will also consider the existing plan and assesses the progress that has been made towards meeting previous targets.